Wednesday 6 May 2015

Turning 25

It's funny how I'm only blogging about my birthday when my birthday month is very well over. But, oh well! Remember I mentioned that I would be celebrating my birthday a little differently this year? And that's only because my sweetest husband booked us a flight to Phuket as a birthday gift!

Alhamdulillah, all praises to Allah for making this trip possible. Both of us agreed that it was a well-deserved break after what had happened. Although, to be honest, Phuket is really not a place for us. Or, any beachy vacation spots, for that matter. Let's talk about that later on, shall we?

So, he broke the ice to me about a few weeks before my birthday and I almost wanted to cut his balls strangled him for not telling me much earlier because I had to seek approval for my leaves, right? But, it was difficult to get angry because I was obviously too excited!

First birthday spent overseas with someone special! I feel so grown up. Hurhur.

17 April 2015
Our flight was an afternoon flight and it was the only option we had. So, we had brunch at the airport right before. And yes, that is me without any make up on.. I look like a super mak nenek, I know. 
We arrived Phuket a little after noon and then took a taxi to Patong. The ride was bumpy and an hour-ish long, my cute bontot was about to cramp!
(Ahem.. Apologies for my syiok sendiri selfie.)

We had a little trouble at the hotel reception because they couldn't find our name. We panicked a little, because everything has been paid for. Ultimately, we found out that the confusion was because Hubs registered the booking under his name but I gave my passport for verification.

Why luh we so selenge?

Anyway, we were staying at Meir Jarr Hotel in Patong, which is super! Apart from it being only 5 minutes away from Patong Beach, it is a boutique hotel located at a convenient spot where there are so many Halal restaurants within walking distance!

We didn't manage to snap any photos of our room (all we wanted to do was put down our bags and start exploring) but here are some photos from the hotel's website:
This photo above doesn't do any justice to the HUGE size of its standard room. Like, my entire family can solat jemaah in that room without any problems. It's really huge, guys. You have to see it for yourself to believe it.

So anyway, we toured around Patong to have dinner and shop for a little. We were quite happy with the fact that the location has easy access to Halal eateries all around. And both of us were equally craving for the original Thai Tom Yam but were afraid that we couldn't find any Halal ones out there, so we were quite thankful for that.

18 April 2015

It's the morning of my birthday! And darling Hubs sang me a birthday song the night before. Me being me, of course, had a little tear-jerking moment.

Teehee.

While we walked around Patong the previous day, we managed to secure ourselves a trip to Coral Island, where we signed up for the snorkelling and diving activity.

BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVERRRRRRR!

So, we got up as early as 7am to have breakfast and then wait for the van to come pick us up at the lobby. the van then took us out of Patong, to a jetty where there were speedboats waiting to take us to our respective islands.

There were sooooo many people! A lot of them were doing island-hopping, I suppose. As that was the in thing to do in Phuket. But, we didn't want to tire ourselves too much for this trip and besides, we were only looking forward to snorkel and dive.. Konon spend time with the fishes luh tu.

KONON JE.

We arrived at the island and were super amazed by the clear waters. Well, you don't get to see that in Singapore, so..

Pardon the photo spam, but here we go!
I was bumped that I actually turned 2 shades darker due to the scorching hot weather, which was completely merciless. And that is possibly one of the main reasons why beachy vacations are simply not for us - WE DON'T LIKE GETTING ALL SWEATY AND STICKY UNDER THE HOT SUN!

We were surprised, actually. We thought we'd like it, but well, apparently not.

You know, after having spent about 4 hours snorkelling, diving and just splashing around silly, we spent the rest of the day just sitting around and looking at people. And.. Playing tag team games on our phone.

HAHAHAHAHA HOPELESS LUH, WE ALL.

It's just so funny thinking about it. When I tell that to my friends and colleagues, they were like: "What, are you serious?! Phuket is such a nice place, blablabla.."

Of course it is. In fact, it is a beautiful place. But it just isn't for us, despite having so much fun!

Happy Birthday to me! 

19 April 2015

However, having said so, it was a good relaxing time for us. Because we spent the next day renting another bike and touring the whole of Patong - going round and round the island, discovering snooker pubs, flea markets, Halal food bazaars, and many other beautiful places.
(And that's me, riding a bike without a helmet.. Such a badass. :P)

All in all, I'm just thankful for this trip. I feel like we've grown so much closer since our first downfall (the miscarriage) and seeing our weaknesses at that point, we managed to learn much more about each other. And to add to that, we definitely grew even closer during this trip.

We are, indeed, getting used to travelling together. ☺

I guess these are some of the many secrets of Halal marriages. I don't really know how to put it across because I'm not exactly an expert (since I've been married for only less than a year), but I do know that marriage in Islam is such a beautiful thing.

I'm glad I got married young.

No comments:

Post a Comment