Friday 18 September 2015

Allah ada

Assalamu'alaikum, my friends!
 
I have to apologise for being such a busy bee, being completely occupied with work since the 2nd quarter of the year up till now. It is currently September and it's been close to 5 months since I've last had a proper update on this blog - which will probably extinct if I go on hiatus any longer.

I have not exactly thought about what I'd want to discuss, but let's start with some good news shall we?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS TO ME!

No darlings, I'm not pregnant. (Please make du'aa for me, okay? Hehehe.) Instead, my dear friends.. I landed myself in a new job! It is a more senior position, and I received this offer based on a 20% pay raise. Ahamdulillah, all praises to Allah for granting me this rezeki. I was actually having a pretty rough time, for the past couple of months, in my previous company. With all sorts of unnecessary bullsh*t coming along my way. I kept holding on because I haven't found anything to fall back on yet, during that time.

Until one day, I decided that it's pointless to stay in a job you aren't happy with. I was literally dragging my feet to work daily, half expecting them to actually fire me because I was getting really pissy at everything. There was so much uncertainty and the mood was just not there. Besides, the scope itself became so complicated due to the restructuring that it ended up not being my cup of tea. My heart and mind were obviously elsewhere at that point.

And so came the day when I actually decided to throw in the towel. I did share with my superior on my intention to leave beforehand, though. And he did ask me to stay, but unfortunately, I have already made up my mind.

I totally believe that Allah indeed has better plans for me, especially when this opportunity came along shortly after!

Alhamdulillah.

Secondly, CONGRATULATIONS TO HUBS!

Who, if I may add, could possibly be the pregnant one for having had weird food cravings on and off! Hahaha. But, no.. He actually got promoted with a 10% raise on the same day I got offered the new role!

Syukur, syukur, syukur. We were so happy to receive 2 good news on the same day! This is indeed a very beautiful blessing from Allah SWT, for the both of us. And it was even more emotional because we both know how hard he worked for this promotion, and when he finally got it.. Boy, was I happy for him! :D

Last but definitely not least, CONGRATULATIONS TO AJULDEE!

We managed to get our HLE approved for the purchase for resale flats, which means that we can start searching for our dream flat!

Another reason to be endlessly thankful for Allah's graceful blessings.. Alhamdulillah.

Don't worry, we are keeping in mind that all these are temporary. This is only dunyaa, and we are fully aware of that. Allah boleh ambil balik bila-bila masa sahaja. We are indeed thankful, and like my Ummi always reminds us - jangan sesekali lupa kepada Yang Memberi.

Insya Allah, we will always keep that in mind and continue to give our thanks.

We've had our tough times too - when we were both close to penniless, but we were still happy. Why? Because we knew that everything comes from Allah, and if that is the way He wants us to be.. We will be. No matter what, we are all living this temporary life to serve Him. No money, no problem.

Allah ada.

No comments:

Post a Comment