Monday 21 September 2015

First Anniversary

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary over the weekend, and it was beautiful. Alhamdulillah. Although, to be honest, it felt like a year went on too fast. So many things happened within 365 days of our marriage - the wedding itself, going on our first honeymoon together, my pregnancy and miscarriage, some health complications, and then another holiday together, and life went on as per normal for the rest of the days.

It seems too surreal, that we were actually celebrating a wedding anniversary and not any regular couple anniversary.

So, we both kept lying to each other (especially him) about where we were taking ourselves to celebrate. I had the day part of the event, where he already the second half of the event with dinner. He actually already told me to make my 19 Sept available (like I would make any other plans in the first place) as he had already made reservations despite it being the bustling F1 weekend. While I, only finally decided where to take him 2 days before the day itself!
Yes! We went to try golf! Well, the mini one to be exact - it's embarrassing enough trying to win him in this one. But it was fun, nonetheless, because it was something we both have never tried before! It was always bowling, or pool, or football or whatever else.. But it was never golf!
Me being sore loser me, had on a sour face because he won. But playing golf had us feeling abit like orang atas gitu.. Hurhur.

And so, throughout the entire day, I was trying to guess where he was taking me to dinner. I never expected anything fancy because, well.. He's just not that sort of guy. When I first asked him how much would dinner cost (just to have a hint on where and what type of food we would end up eating), he said "the budget" was around $40 to $50 per person.

I was definitely guessing one of those Breeks/Seoul Garden-ish kinda place. And then he went all, "We're eating somewhere in the East, somewhere in Downtown East." and I was wondering why the hell do we need to go all the way there for something like that? Obviously, it was something else.. So I guessed the Sakura International Buffet, but then I remembered there was one at Admiralty anyway.

Apparently, it got more and more intense and confusing when we took the bus towards Bedok from ECP. I kept asking where we were going, half hoping he'd give up and just tell me since we're going there either way. And the funny thing was that he admitted he didn't really know how to go there!

So, when we arrived at Bedok and was on the platform, he tricked me into thinking we were getting on the train towards Pasir Ris - which turned out to be a lie. We ended up hopping on the train towards Jurong East and then he said we were going to Jurong, which he admitted was a lie because I started whining that it was too far away. (I WAS HUNGRY!)

And then he said that we'll be alighting at Eunos. I believed him and did almost alight when the train arrived at Eunos, but it turned out to be another lie.

Sigh.

We ended up at City Hall, where we walked to Marina Square. When we arrive MSq, we walked three rounds around the mall just because my darling husband did not know the way there. I actually told him to just spill it and I will eventually help him find it because, well.. I know my way around the area well. But he refused because he didn't want to spoil the surprise - and that's how we ended up walking around MSq multiple times.

Entah nak marah, ke nak ketawa.

Nasib sayang.

After tawaf-ing the area for a good 15 minutes (and I was close to crying because I was sooooo hungry and tired), he finally found his way to take me to..

AquaMarine at Marina Mandarin! It was actually one of my initial guesses but I struck it off when he mentioned the budget. Now, I didn't see that coming at all.

Alhamdulillah, it was a dinner in a romantic ambience - something I never dreamed of experiencing with my husband, to be honest. I never liked dining in fancy restaurants with him, because I've always known that I am never an adventurous person when it comes to food and that would end up in a lot of food wastage.

However, it was really pretty and indeed, an experience for me. What was even more pretty was the cake that the staff presented to us towards the end - it was effortlessly amazing.

I couldn't get mad at him for his repeated lying, obviously, because the day ended so well. We also ended up bowling and then he finally opened the gift that I prepared for him. It was such a good day; I didn't want it to end.
Here's to a lifetime with you, sayang. To more fun times than sad times, to more adventures and new discoveries. To more joking, and more merajuk-ing as well. You have been an amazing husband with a lot of admirable strength.

I love you.. Till the end of time, insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment