Saturday 6 December 2014

Our Honeymoon (Part I)

I know, I know. This is way, way overdue. But I have received some private messages, asking me to blog about my honeymoon. Hehehe. But, here's the thing..

Apart from all the baby-making (don't even talk about profanities here - we're all adults), we sure had one hell of a great time in Korea!

I decided to split this entry into 2 parts, because it will be a little too photo-and-word-heavy if I were to do it in just one. You know how I can start rambling unnecessarily sometimes. ☺

We spent a total of about 9 days there (which was obviously not enough for me, but more than enough for Hubs because he was complaining about missing local Halal food - such a PARTY POOPER) and it only started to get really cold during our last 2 days.

Our itinerary? Oh, it was planned by the expert, my sister. Those who follow me closely on Instagram would know that I visit Korea with my family every year for leisure purposes, and I am already quite familiar with the lifestyle there.

It was, however, a first for Hubs so he was quite jakun at times.

I went crazy shopping for cosmetics at Myeongdong (as I always do on every trip) that my husband must think I'm mad. He did call me gila because we ended up not having enough space in our luggage, no thanks to all the extra makeup that I got.

But hey - I have enough makeup, says no makeup artist ever! Hurhur.
Here's one of the streets of Myeongdong; snapped this while I was having my 28cm ice cream!
It was about 16 degrees while we were there, not too cold so it was a bit boring. But the wind started blowing strongly when it got darker, like after 5 in the evening, so that was alright. :)

So, we spent the first couple of days doing some shopping and exploring around our area in Myeongdong and we took a walk to the market place in Namdaemun. Hubs really enjoyed that place, particularly because he saw an ahjussi dressed up in a colorful getai-ish two piece!

HAHAHA SUCH A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES!

Plus, not to mention the bargains we managed to get around the area! So, we settled most of our souvenirs from the Namdaemun Market within the first 2 days.

It was a beautiful walk between our guesthouse and Namdaemun. Smelled a lot of good air, passed the bustling morning where people were rushing to work, listened to buskers, and even hopped in to different branches of Paris Baguette to try different goodies.

Hubs really wanted to try the tteokbokki, so we managed to find a Muslim street food vendor selling Halal tteokbokki along the streets of Hongdae University, in the corners of Hongik station. From then on, we kept coming back everyday for more!
Mmmmmmm. Looks yummy, doesn't it?
Speaking of Hongdae, my dear and darling husband decided to do something really crazy while we were there. And I mean, really crazy.....
Before the transformation, sitting quietly in a book cafe..
And after! :O
Yupp! My husband is clearly as crazy as I am! But, hey.. It was really cheap! Perming his entire head plus treatment and haircut only costed him about 40 SGD only! And how much are we paying in SG? At least $90, if I remember correctly.

(Oh, and this one's called a coil perm, in case anyone is wondering. They literally coiled up parts of his hair and that itself took about 3 hours to get done - I was trying my best to keep myself awake the whole time!)

Anyhoos, I should probably hit the sack now. Such a beautiful weekend to sleep in! But, no.. I wouldn't trade my makeup assignments for something like sleep!

Till we see each other again on Part II of Our Honeymoon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment