Saturday 13 December 2014

Our Honeymoon (Part II)

(Side note: Sorry I took so long to update Part II of my Honeymoon! It has been a really busy week, with the festive season coming up soon!)

So, we were at Hongdae where Hubs decided to go for a 360° image change. Thereafter, we went to the Trick Eye Museum, which was supposed to be around the area.

Okay, so Hubs and I were actually quite pissed because we couldn't find the exact place despite going round and round the area a couple of times - the map that was in the itinerary was totally misleading!

But, of course.. It was right there. It was in the underground. You had to take the stairs down to the Basement. And, of course.. There had to be a signage which was about the length of my arm. How convenient? Pfft.

Nevertheless, we reached safely and most important thing was the fact that Hubs really enjoyed himself there! I find it so adorable when he's so jakun, and when he's smiling and laughing when he's by my side. ♫

(Okay, enough with the mushy stuff. Sorry, I tend to go there all the time.)

Here are some pictures of my husband enjoying himself there:
Amazed at how real this looks!
Epppppppp, ah b!
We ended up spending about 2 hours touring the entire museum, and then went on to the very freezing cold Ice Museum in the same building (in which we were granted FREE ENTRY as part of a tourist promo)!

It was like a mini date for us, where we took tons of photos and laughed ourselves silly at them. Thanks to my sister who suggested us a trip there, considering the fact that the entrance fee costs cheaper than the one in Singapore! :D

Moving on..

We went on a trip to Nami Island a few days later, and it had to be raining the entire day. But it was fun, because we never really played in the rain together before. So, it was considered a bonus item on the agenda!

It was indeed an adventure from the very beginning - we got up on time to catch the train, ended up taking the wrong train (no thanks to my confidence level: MAXIMUM), pretended to have tickets on the wrong train and prayed we wouldn't get caught, got shoved by tough fighting ahjummas and a frail-looking ahjussi on the ferry but managed to arrive at our destination an hour earlier and of course.. It started pouring as soon as we got there.

I wouldn't complain, though. Any adventure is a fun adventure with the man of my life. ♥
On the surprisingly-not-bumpy-at-all ferry ride
Having ice-cream in the rain.. Who does that?
And so we spent half the day there, taking photos and silly videos which I did upload on my Instagram (@deexwong). Sempat promote!

The very next day, we went on another faraway adventure to..
Yahoooooo!
Started off as early as 7am to catch the earliest bus to the resort station. But, ended up being near the end of the line - don't know where the other people in front of us came from! Hubs was really excited, after seeing the video of the RM episode where they rode on the T-Express. And him, being the daredevil person he is, didn't think twice about going on it!

While the "strong on the outside, weak on the inside" me.. Quivered.

But hell, it was once in a lifetime! To begin with, the queue was crazy. We had to wait 90 minutes for a 4 minute ride of terror! I was really praying that my tudung will not end up on someone else's head at the end of it all (and just for the record, it stayed)!
There were soooooooooooooo many kids in the park that day. And it was a weekday! Some were even in their school uniforms...

Seriously?

Tickets were not that cheap, so I really wonder if they saved up their entire week's allowance for that trip right in the outskirts of Seoul. Hmmmmm..

So, we ate a lot of 250₩ soft ice-cream and some churros, and bought some chips to complete all that. I also bought my Seoul chocolate milk, which is TO DIE FOR. I'm even making myself crave it now! Sigh.

We spent the entire day in Everland, and only got back just when the park was closing. I think we spent a longer time queuing for the rides more than anything else. Babes wanted to go to the Haunted House (it was Halloween at that time) but I was too chicken, of course.

Nonetheless, it was a very enjoyable date that caused me a severe backache the next day. Then again, no complains!

Another highlight of the trip was our date to Hangang, or otherwise known as Han River.

It was freezing, but it was beautiful and it was something we'll never get to experience in Singapore. Hubs loved it, so did I. He actually planned on a picnic while we were there, so he bought a mat, some drinks (including my favorite chocolate milk), some chips, ice-cream and the cup noodles that we brought in our luggage from Singapore. It was so romantic, it caught me by surprise, to be honest.

He was never the "Let's go on a picnic!" sorta guy. Funny how he can be under the sun for hours while kicking balls, but can't stand being out in the sun on a casual walk. So mengada, right? I married someone who's secretly a puteri lilin, I think.
And.. That's just my husband being annoying on the subway.
The last few days were spent shopping and shopping for ourselves, till we barely had any space in the luggage! Again, no thanks to my makeup junk.

So, that sums up our Honeymoon in very beautiful Seoul. Very many thanks to my husband for being such a great travel buddy, and a very loving partner. Of course must praise him a lot.. My syurga bawah his feet, you know!

Till the next update, my loyal readers! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment