Friday 27 February 2015

My February

After my last post, I honestly feel relieved. I honestly feel like I've let a ton of weights off my shoulders and chest, like I can finally start blogging normally again.

I REALLY SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT MUCH SOONER!

Either way, here are some updates (in reverse chronological order) while I was recovering. Please expect a long entry ahead, because I have a lot of photos I'd like to share. Stop complaining luh, just read.

21 February 2015

Just only recently, Hubs and I were at the airport to send my parents, sister and Babygirl off for their pilgrimage. Alhamdulillah, it was a tearful yet heartwarming event.

Hubs and I initially opted out of the trip because I got pregnant and was already facing some complications, so he didn't want to risk it. (And somehow, thank God we did otherwise we wouldn't have been able to go for the trip anyway.) After seeing them off, though.. I had a word with Hubs about planning for a trip to the home of Allah next year, maybe?

Insya Allah. ☺

Anyway, here are some photos during the send-off. Didn't manage to catch a photo with my dad, because he was sneaking off to smoke a cigarette before checking in. And these shots were taken by my baby brother, using the main camera of my Galaxy S5!

(Side note: My brother has been posted out to the awesome Police Coast Guard team, following his 3 months' training in HTA! So proud of you, skinny boy!)
And yes, my little one was pretty excited about the trip - she's been talking about it for many months prior! We managed to Skype on one of the nights and she had so many things she wanted to tell me and Hubs, and even included her room number. Oh, sayang.. I wish I was there with you.

Some beautiful photos of them sent through our family's Whatsapp group!
!سبحان الله
Soooo proud of Baby for waking up that early for Fajr prayers at Masjid Nabawi! Alhamdulillah. And may Allah grant me, Hubs and all of our family and friends enough rezeki to have our chance at that too! Jangan putus berdoa, orang kata.. Insya Allah.

15 February 2015

We went to Zulfa's Annual Sports Day!

It's our baby's final sports day in Zulfa Kindergarten and she did an amazinggggggg job! Dengan penuh semangatnya, she ran and completed the race even though she was complaining about it a few days before. During her practices at school, she had some difficulty getting the ball into the hoop (as in basketball kinda thing) so she was pretty worried that she might not be able to do it on the actual day.

But she did it! And of course, they ended up as champions once again! For the third time in a row, Sembawang became the defending champions! Hubs and I felt like super proud parents! Wooooohooooo! ♫
It was so much fun watching all the cute little ones running and trying their best to complete their races. And seeing all the Nursery kids crying while having their parents run with them.. Super cute luh, wahlao! Hahaha.

12 February 2015

This month is also a little special because Hubs decided to treat me to a buffet at Penang Street Buffet! Happy tummy, happy me. ☺

We went there straight after work and it was pretty full, because they were having a few large groups of customers there for their own company functions. We were put on the waiting list, but only had to wait for less than 10 minutes before the staff seated us. They were nice and efficient, though.

We paid before we started our 90-minute feast (yes, it was a timed buffet which Hubs and I felt was more than enough), because we took the option without seafood. (THE SEAFOOD MENU COSTED A BOMB! Might as well go to Habibie and eat, which we did just a few nights ago - but unfortunately, no photos for that one!)

The menu variety was okay, but quality was superb, I have to admit. It was like, a 4-star hotel dinner standard. Hubs ate quite a few rounds, while me.. Cepat lapar tapi makan sikit. But all in all, I attacked the dessert table because the fondue had dark chocolate!

DARK CHOCOLATE LUH GUYS, HOW TO RESIST?!
And then there's Hubs, taking a photo of our first round. Hahahaha, muka focus tak boleh angs! So, at the end of the dinner, I thanked him and told him that I was happy. His reply?
"Happy wife, happy life."
1 February 2015

My first day of February started with a surprise on my bed, and guess who is responsible for it? Hehehe.
Alhamdulillah for a great February, to make up for all the sadness that happened in the previous month. But, let's not go back there, shall we? Let's look ahead for better things to come, with all of God's will. I constantly remind myself that I should never, ever look back - Allah makes things happen for a reason, and it is always for a good reason.

That is Allah. He is Most Loving, Most Knowing.. He is everything.

All we need to do is leave it up to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment