Wednesday 18 March 2015

How I survived as...

Disclaimer: This sudden outburst, about girls and their NS boyfriends, is probably going to hurt some feelings out there, but I just want to get my point across. If you read and somewhere along the way you rasa geram, move on.

I've seen popular bloggers (and some "act popular" ones - oops!) blog about how they're surviving as a girlfriend of an NS man.

With all due respect, girls.. Come on, it's just NS. And please, you're not married - what's there to worry? If he cheats, he's obviously not worth it. If you're not able to contact him the entire day.. Just chill. He's busy doing his thing. He's probably just tired or busy socializing with the rest of his NS mates.

I was once like you - gelisah because I could barely get him to talk to me. And at that time, the only time I was ever allowed to talk to him was after his dinner, before his lights out. I was once a possessive girlfriend to my National Service ex-boyfriend who, well.. Ended up cheating on me with someone from the force.

See, that's the thing. Give them some space. There is absolutely NO NEED for you to expect them to chat with you every single day. Guys will always be guys - whether they are serving the nation or not. On some days, they would want to be with their mates and talk about life.

Let. Them. Be.

If they are really committed to loving only you, they'll know how to make use of their time. But if they don't, that doesn't mean they're not committed to loving you. They're just getting their time management wrong.

In this case, you might need to have a chat with them when you get the time. Don't stress them up by shouting or starting fights because, hey! They've shagged their asses off during training the entire day and have already been shouted at by their officers - they certainly don't need more shit nonsense from you!

I guess it's different for young girls, when you're just about to get your relationship growing. But don't worry, as you get older, you'll see what I mean.

Oh, but do remember that it never ends. Wait till you get married and your husband needs to go on reservist. Trust me, that's worse. You sleep alone, you eat alone, you watch TV alone.. You basically have to alter your routine for that 3 weeks because you're so used to having your husband around.

So, kalau belum kahwin and tinggal serumah.. Jangan over sangat, please.

Not trying to be bitchy or anything, but I hope you get what I mean. (I literally rolled my eyes when I read some posts related to the above topic. You need to stop complaining how you're suffering and start giving him some space already! And also, get your grammar organised!)

Actually, I'm here to talk about how I'm surviving as the wife of a football maniac.

You know, it has always been difficult - even while I was just a girlfriend. First of all, you never get any chance at arranging a date with him once he has a game scheduled. And games scheduled are mostly on weekends, especially now that he is playing for the National Football League.

Previously, while he was playing for one of our local football clubs, most games were on weekdays at 7pm so that was still okay cause I can "turun lepas kerja". But now, we barely get any weekends together. League lain, futsal tournament lain.

No, don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I have always supported him and will continue supporting him now and in the future, in all ways that I can possibly think of. But it gets difficult when you see him get really tired to do anything after that, apart from the cuts and bruises that he gets from letting the field of grass caress his body.

Kesian, really.

Being a wife, I really have to watch what I say. I can only offer advises and even then, there is only so much I can offer. For sure I wouldn't want him to think that I am not supportive of his passion, but how can I possibly control myself when I see him bleeding and possibly limping the next minute?

I have always loved how sexy my husband looks on the field, even when he is just chasing a ball along with other men. Bontot dia seriously cute! But when he falls and goes through all the pain and agony, my heart pun pain and agony. Hurhur. I'm serious when I say that I've literally seen my husband's flesh and blood. Eeeeeeeewww!

But, yes. I survived and am still surviving. Because beneath all that jazz, I see undying passion. Just as how I see his undying love for me. Hahahahahahaha errrrrr, meluat yet?

(Oh, please. I dah kahwin.)
Anyway, in my own personal opinion.. Some girls should just take a chill pill - especially if you belum kahwin. Don't think of all negative things that might happen and give him the space he needs. You're lucky, though, if he is the clingy sort. But at some point, I'm sure he'll grow up and need space and time doing his own thing.

Some people I know found their truest friends during NS, and that might happen to your boyfriend too. Instead of whining about how you're suffering and trying your best to survive (you're probably not trying hard enough), think about how it would benefit you if you would actually give him some space!

Well, I guess this whole chunk of things might have hurt some of my readers but I like to speak my mind. I usually like to express my opinions, whether you like it or not, and am not one to keep them to myself and then stab you in the back.

Having said as much, I hope some of my input here would help you through whatever you're going through. It's not worth it to stress over your boyfriend in NS.. Trust me, it really isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment